New rights for ‘Data Subjects’
Under the GDPR 2018, anyone who has data held by an organisation is a ‘data subject,’ and will have more rights regarding how their data is held, used and disposed of.
- The right to be informed – Data subjects must be told what personal data is being held, what it is being used for and why.
- The right of access – Data subjects are allowed to see what data of theirs is being processed upon request. The need for care and professionalism in all record keeping whether digital or manual is vital as the subject could ask to see everything that is being held on them at any time.
- The right of rectification – If personal data held by organisations is incorrect; they have an obligation to change it.
- The right to erasure – Data subjects can demand that personal data held about them is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to data portability – At the data subject’s request their data must be moved to another processor.
- The right to object – If a data subject does not like the way their data is being used they can request that the use is stopped, and that must happen unless there is an overriding legitimate reason to continue using it.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making or profiling – Data subjects can demand that a human review any decision made by software alone.
VHS Teacher is committed to processing personal information about its customers in order to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations, and to be clear with customers about what it does with their personal information.
We respect and value the privacy of everyone who enquires or purchases our services and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
The policy sets out how we use personal data. VHS Teacher will not share your data with any other third party. We will, from time to time, contact you about our service and any changes or additions to your Flipped Learning Courses.
VHS Teacher may collect personal information which we receive when you:
- use our website
- access a free trial
- use our live chat service
- contact us or
- purchase or are a recipient of our services.
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- your payment information such as credit or debit card details and bank account details.
Appropriate firewall technology is used within to prevent unauthorised access. All personal data is backed up daily, and archives are stored off-site in a secure location.
We are committed to keeping your information up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, if you believe that we have made an error, then please contact us as we have outlined below and we will use reasonable endeavours to correct.
How Do We use your data?
The customer data (name, address, URL and key business and contact information) will be stored securely on VHS Teacher’s Content Management System (CMS) website for the purpose of managing the relationship and service, ensuring satisfaction and awareness of products and developments.
This is done to enable learners to access the online learning service, complete courses, answer questionnaires, access resources, record learning progress and download personalised certificates [where required from the website].
VHS Teacher will invite customers to renew their service before the service expiry date. If the customer chooses not to renew the service, access to the courses and training service will no longer be available. One Year after the contract expiry date has passed, if no service renewal has been agreed – we will:
- Permanently delete the organisation, learner data and training history from the LMS.
- Retain the organisation financial transactional details, in line with HMRC’s legal retention requirements.
- Permanently delete learner data from the CRM system.
- Retain the organisation data and key contact details on the CRM system.
- Continue to keep the organisation updated about essential safeguarding and duty of care matters and products, whereby organisations will be given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ if they wish.
An individual learner can request that VHS Teacher deletes any personal data and training history.
For marketing purposes
We may contact you for marketing purposes if you have consented to receive marketing information, if you have made an enquiry regarding VHS Teacher services, or if it has been identified that VHS Teacher services may be of legitimate interest to you. We do not use your data in a way you would find intrusive or which could cause harm, and you have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. Email our marketing team to opt out of future marketing activities.
We use your information to:
- provide you with information about the products/services we offer
- assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted
- send newsletters where you have asked for them
Keeping your information safe and secure
VHS Teacher is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
Subject Access Requests
Under the GDPR, individuals can ask for confirmation that their data is being processed and access it. VHS Teacher reserves the right to make a reasonable charge for the information where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive.
Once an individual’s identity is verified, VHS Teacher will endeavour to respond without delay, and within the one month specified by law.
Third party access
Access to your personal information is only allowed when required by law. We do not, and will never, sell or share your personal information with third parties.
Our Service Providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities. All our systems are located within the UK or EEA
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
VHS Teacher operates an email newsletter programme through the website, used to inform subscribers about products and services we supply through the website. You can also manage your subscriptions if you write to us.
Email marketing campaigns sent to you by us may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Your activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity, other activity around how you access and view the emails and tracking with the aim of improving your experience and how we present our email newsletter going forward.
This information may be used to refine future email campaigns and supply you with more relevant content based on your activity.
You will be able to unsubscribe from an email newsletter from us by clicking the applicable unsubscribe link in our email – or other instructions provided by us in the email.
Use of Website Cookies
If you don’t want cookies to be stored on your device, you should make the necessary changes to your device or the relevant browsers or apps.
Other cookies may be stored on your device by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. These cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected without your consent.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Once you have used any of these links to leave our site, therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Social Media Platforms
We participate with social media platforms subject to their privacy policies and terms. You should use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to your own personal data. We will not request personal data through social media platforms. If you want to discuss something of a sensitive nature, then please use a more appropriate channel such as a telephone call or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to social media platforms. You should use these buttons with care. Note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
We share web links on social media pages. Sometimes, these links can be shortened. These shortened URLs or even the displayed URL can be hacked or otherwise changed against our wishes to divert you to another site. We are not responsible if you are redirected to the incorrect site.
How to contact us: